Friday, August 16, 2013

Tomato Cucumber Salad

I love this time of the year, fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, doesn't get any better!  Last night, after returning from a horrific experience at the doctors office, waited in the lobby for an hour before I was even called into a room, saw the doctor for 5 minutes and then waited another 30 minutes to do a blood test, after I went and complained that no one was helping me!!!!!  Good thing I didn't have to go back to work!

Tom and I decided to go to the movies and have "Date Night", but we wanted to eat something before we went, we had leftover stuffed poblanos (that will be in a future post) and I decided to make tomato cucumber salad with fresh basil and oregano, all from my garden!  I love it when I can "live off the land".

Tomato Cucumber Salad
1 large cucumber
2 large tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Fresh Oregano
Salt
Pepper
Olive Oil
Balsamic Vinegar
Start with peeling and cutting up the cucumber

 

Pick a couple good tomatoes, chop and add to cucumbers

 
Add some fresh basil and oregano



Toss this together with salt and pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar

 



I added some black olives, which my husband was not too happy about.  The great thing is I grew everything in this salad (except the olives)!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment