Saturday, July 6, 2013

Walnut Tartlets

On the 5th of July, my sister and I had plans to do some wine tasting with Auntie Maria and Grandma in Santa Cruz, our journey began by going about 5 miles out of our way to the Summit Store in the Santa Cruz Mountains to get some sandwiches, if you ever visit this area, you MUST go to this store, it is AWESOME! After we got our sandwiches, we were on our way to Santa Cruz, there is a group of wineries on Swift Street and a delightful French Bakery, Kelly's French Pastry.  The wine was good, but the Walnut Tartlets at Kelly's French Pastry were delicious, so were the French Macaroons.  Well, I decided I could make those little tarts, so I got up this morning, looked up a recipe on the internet, found one that I liked and dived right in.  The funny thing is, I was thinking I haven't blogged about my food recently and on my way home from my jog, I saw my friend, Trisha, from high school, she reminded me that I haven't updated my blog, so here it is, thanks Trisha!

First, I had to make the pastry, not too bad and I found out that I LOVE my Cuisinart food processor! I have had the mini tart pans forever, but I have never used them, they worked perfect!  I love to buy nifty baking contraptions, haven't used them all, but I shall start!
 
 
Next, I had to bake these little guys and make the filling, these are the ingredients for the filling, not really low fat, oh well, I am going off the diet today.

 
Next, I had to fill the tart shells with the yummy, walnut mixture
 
 
These went back into the oven, the recipe said to bake them about 25 minutes, I think it was a little too long, they got a little browner that I would have liked, BUT they tasted really good.
 
I am sure that I will have to do some more R&D on these, but I think they were a success!  I will have my sister try these tomorrow, after we get our workout done!
 
My hubs and Sarah have been in Colorado for a week for softball, they are coming home tonight, I can't wait to see them, I will try to get one of them to be a taste tester later on!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment