Sunday, April 3, 2011

Softball and Flowers

Today is in honor of spring, planting flowers and getting ready for the garden.  I apologize, I didn't have any time to cook this weekend.  Sarah had a softball game yesterday afternoon, they won 8-3 and Sarah hit a triple, her dad and I couldn't have been more proud of her.  After the game we went over to the Millet's for some celebrating!  It was great company, I love the softball families, great kids and parents, it was a blast.  The kids were playing Just Dance and we even got Tom and Marty to play, let's just say, watching the two of them dancing still brings tears to my eyes, of course we captured it on video so we can enjoy it for a long, long time.

Isn't she cute.....

My sister and I have been pretty faithful to our Sunday morning workout's at the track and it was a perfect morning to do that today. After I got home, Tom and I started working in the front yard, pulled the weeds, cut the grass, got rid of old flowers.  I love this time of the year, the newness of everything.  I decided that I should put some flowers in some of the pots in the front, bring some color to the front yard.  I know my grandma always had beautiful flowers in her yard, I can't wait to finish planting the rest of the flowers in the front and get started on the back yard.



The garden will be planted in a couple of weeks and that means fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans and jalapeno's.  As I mentioned before, there will also be fresh basil, thyme, sage, mint and maybe some rosemary.  My mouth is watering as I write this!  Nothing is better than a fresh picked tomato, right off the vine, with a little salt and pepper.........as my husband would say "forget about it".


Picking tomatoes from the "crop"
From what I remember my dad telling me, my grandma used to pick cherries every year, this was one of their trips, my grandma is the one with the bucket tipped towards the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment